With the weather getting colder and the dark mornings still present, there’s no better way to perk yourself up than with a yummy breakfast packed full of nutrients.
A speedy and sweet breakfast is key for getting back into the swing of things this January. Honey is the ultimate natural breakfast ingredient, so whether you’re after a warming start to the day or something to fight off the winter colds, these breakfast recipes have you sorted.
Is honey healthy for breakfast?
The discovery of Manganese, the essential nutrient that the body needs to work properly, in our Heather Honey means it’s classified as a ‘superfood’. The essential nutrient, manganese, means our heather honey is full of antioxidants, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties!
What more could you want to kickstart your day?
Make it your own by switching out our ingredients with your favourite fresh fruit and nuts.
- A couple dollops of natural greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of granola
- 1/2 handful raspberries
- 1/2 handful blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chopped brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of heather honey
- Layer the yoghurt and fruit in a bowl
- Scatter the granola, nuts and chia seeds in the bowl
- Drizzle over honey (and try not to drool!)
Homemade granola bars for breakfast
Our honey nut oat bars, using everyday ingredients from your cupboard, these healthy bars are simple to make. These moreish bars are perfect for breakfast or even a quick pick me up throughout the day!
You can prep in advance, store in an airtight container and enjoy for the rest of the week! Cook along with your YouTube video below...
Or find the written recipe HERE!
Honey packed porridge breakfast
Nothing screams winter more than a warm bowl of honey packed porridge. Try our recipe with classic toppings or get creative and mix out the seasoning and fruit.
- 50g porridge oats
- 200ml milk (any dairy-free alternatives too)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of heather honey
- Stir together the porridge oats and milk while simmering (follow your packet instructions for specific cooking times)
- In the mean time, cut your apple into cubes and mix in a bowl with cinnamon and honey
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Once cooked, pour the porridge into a bowl, top with the apple and chia seeds
Breakfast smoothie recipe
At this time of year, our body needs all the nutrients we can get. Start your day with several of your five a day with a smoothie. Quick, easy and very yummy!
We have created five smoothie recipes using our heather honey - check out the recipes by clicking here!
If you’re after an extra punch of honey and the healing properties, start your day with a lemon and honey tea too. Check out our recipe here!