Brussel sprouts for Christmas… Much like marmite, you either love them or you hate them.
However, our Christmas sprout recipe is a sure winner at the dinner table. They are sweet, cheesy, lemony bites of Christmassy goodness! If you don’t like these, then you don’t like sprouts!
For this tasty recipe, our heather honey, blossom honey or signature blend honey will work perfectly. Choose your favourite and wow your guests this festive period!
Serves 6 people
- 500g brussel sprouts (halved)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps fennel seeds
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 2 tbsps parmesan
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp of Scottish Bee Company honey
- Half the sprouts length ways (don’t bother carving crosses into them at the bottom!)
- Toss the sprouts in the olive oil, crushed chilli flakes, fennel seeds, salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 190 celsius. Give a toss of the tray after 8 minutes
- Once they are a vibrant free, with hints of burnt bits, bring them out
- Sprinkle over the parmesan, zest and honey
- Toss in a salad bowl until all in mixed through
We’ll be posting loads of fab new recipes on the run up to Christmas this year. To inspire new ideas for your festive period, we have curated recipes for every course all using our 100% Scottish honey. Pick up your jar today by clicking below and cook along with us!
Alongside ideas for Christmas lunch, we have a selection of Christmas gift ideas. Check out our range of honey and candle gift sets and Scottish hampers HERE.
By shopping with us, you can be assured that you’re supporting the UK pollinator population. With each purchase, we donate 10p to our sister charity RePollinate!