Experience the tanginess of seabuckthorn berries in this luxurious and creamy Seabuckthorn Posset recipe from our friends at Seabuckthorn Scotland. This dessert is a delicious blend of citrus and velvety indulgence with its vibrant orange hue and smooth texture. Delighting both the eyes and palate with the unique flavour of seabuckthorn.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
How to enjoy: Savoured after a hearty meal or for a special occasion, this dessert showcases the unique and captivating flavours of seabuckthorn berries in a truly elegant way.
450g Double Cream
110g Caster Sugar
10 tbsp Seabuckthorn Scotland Buck Shot (raw Seabuckthorn Juice)
Pinch of Salt
Shortbread & Mint to serve
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and caster sugar.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the seabuckthorn juice and a pinch of salt, mix until combined
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Divide the strained posset evenly into serving glasses or ramekins. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve with shortbread. For an extra kick, add a tablespoon of seabuckthorn juice on the top of each posset.
If you want to learn more about Seabuckthorn Scotland, listen to our podcast episode where we delve into the wonders of the seabuckthorn berry. Find out how to purchase Seabuckthorn Scotland's juice here.