If there was ever a recipe that screamed autumn in a mouthful, then it is this one from our friends at Kilduff Farm. These delightful baked treats combine the warm, earthy flavours of pumpkin with the sweet and fruity notes of apple and blackberries. These muffins are the embodiment of cosy Autumnal mornings and are perfect for enjoying with a hot drink.
Makes 12 muffins.
Prep time: 15 minutes (excluding making the pumpkin puree)
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
How to enjoy: They're versatile; suitable for breakfast, snacking, or as an Autumnal dessert. Enjoy with a hot drink and enhance them with toppings like whipped cream or a drizzle of honey.
325g Self-raising Flour
180g Caster Sugar
125g Unsalted Butter
300g Pumpkin Puree
3 Medium Eggs
Handful of Blackberries
Slice of Apple and Sprinkle of Brown Sugar to garnish
- Begin by lining a muffin tray with 12 cases or like us use a silicon tray and preheat the oven to 170C.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted unsalted butter and caster sugar using a wooden spoon.
- Next up sieve in the self-raising flour and pumpkin puree. For this recipe, we chopped a chunk of pumpkin and roasted it for 40 minutes, removed the skin, and then used a fork to mash the pumpkin to a smooth consistency. You could also use a food mixer.
- Combine everything together and add in the eggs. Finish by stirring through a good handful of blackberries.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases. Top each muffin with a thin slice of apple and a sprinkling of brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until they are golden in colour and cooked through.