Indulge in rich and robust flavours with this Chorizo in Red Wine recipe from our friends at East Coast Cured. This dish combines the smoky and spicy notes of chorizo with the deep and velvety undertones of red wine, resulting in a dish that's as comforting as it is flavourful.
Serves 8-10 (enjoy as part of meal with lots of other sharing plates)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours +
How to enjoy: Perfect addition to tapas night with friends! Serve this dish alongside a glass of the same red wine used in the recipe for a truly authentic experience.
1 tbsp Olive Oil
500g East Coast Cured Smoked Chorizo, sliced into 1cm chunks
4-5 banana shallots OR 8-10 small shallots, finely sliced
2 Bay leaves
750ml Red Wine
Salt & Pepper to taste
Crusty Bread & Parsley to serve
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan
- Add the chorizo and cook for a minute or two until the chorizo oils run
- Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and pop on a plate
- Add the shallots to the pan with the chorizo oils and stir to coat the shallots with oil
- Add the bay leaves
- Cook on low until the shallots are translucent
- Pop the chorizo back in the pan with the bottle of red wine
- Cook on low for a minimum of 3 hours on the lowest heat, uncovered.
- The wine should reduce and form a thick, sticky sauce.
- If it gets too dry, add more wine
- The longer you can cook it, the better it gets!
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley on top and crusty bread for mopping up the juice!
If you would like to find out more about East Coast Cured, their delicious cured meats and the art of charcuterie, then head on over to our podcast episode. You can also purchase their products via the online shop here.