A few flavoursome salad with vinegar dressing ideas...As the clock springs forward this weekend and we’re blessed with the glorious sunshine, we’re all in the summer mood here at The Scottish Bee Company. A fabulous way to get into the Spring/Summer fever is with a flavoursome salad with vinegar for a light lunch or a side with a BBQ.
We’ve rustled up three salads that can be complemented with our fruit vinegar range to burst with unique flavours and a fresh finish to the dish.
Pick up our fruit vinegar range here and enjoy!
Chicken & Avocado Salad with Vinegar - Bramble & Sage
A healthy, gluten free salad perfect for lunches or a quick dinner. Use the leftover chicken from this weekend's BBQ, or for a vegan option, swap out the chicken for our favourite seeds like pumpkin seeds!
- 2 tablespoons of our bramble and sage vinegar dressing
- 125g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 1 large beetroot, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 85g of mixed leaf salad
- 175g cooked chicken (BBQ’d, roasted, however you like it!)
- Start by boiling the broad beans for 5 minutes, stop boiling once they are just tender. Drain the beans and leave them unskinned.
- In a bowl, combine the salad leaves, avocado and chicken and drizzle in the bramble and sage vinegar.
- Toss the salad to coat in the vinegar dressing then add the beetroot. Be careful not to mix vigorously to prevent the salad from going pink.
- Pop into a shallow bowl and munch munch munch!
Goats Cheese and Tomato Salad with Vinegar - Raspberry & Thyme
A lighter salad, enjoyed with a wee sandwich on the side or as a side for the BBQs.
- 600g mixed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raspberry and thyme dressing
- ½ small bunch basil (leaves only)
- 200g goat pearls or soft mild goats cheese torn into large chunks
- 10g shelled unsalted pistachio, roughly chopped
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges and arrange over a large serving platter. Scatter over the basil leaves and goats cheese pearls. Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour over the delicious raspberry and thyme dressing.
- Finally, just before serving, scatter over the pistachios.
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Feta & Pine Nuts - Strawberry & Peppercorn
- 85g spinach
- Handful of nuts
- Handful of strawberries
- Chunk of feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of strawberry and peppercorn vinegar
- Lightly toast nuts of your choice – pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds or pine nuts – and roughly chop if needed.
- Toss baby spinach leaves and sliced strawberries in a light dressing of strawberry vinaigrette (olive oil & strawberry vinegar) and pile into a bowl.
- Crumble creamy feta cheese on top of the salad (shaved parmesan would work, too).
- Top with toasted nuts and dig in!