Three quick and easy ideas for Easter baking...
Using the usual baking cupboard ingredients, with a spoonful of honey, these classic recipes can be whizzed up within an hour and devoured within minutes. They will be a winner with the kids and without a doubt satisfy your sweet tooth!
Easter no bake treats
Honey rice crispy cakes
Incredibly easy to make AND the perfect sweet and crunchy treat…
All you will need is a jar of your favourite honey, rice crispies, butter and a big spoon to mix (and scrape the leftovers in the bowl)!
- 500g rice crispies
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 150g chocolate
- 1 bag of mini eggs (optional)
- Melt the chocolate and honey together in a pan on a low heat until melted
- Remove from the pan and mix in the rice cripsies until the mixture is well combined
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake paper cases
- Pop a mini egg or two on top, or crush the mini eggs to sprinkle on top for an Easter finish, and voila!
No bake honey cheesecake
- 4 biscuits (about 85g)
- 140g full fat soft cheese
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon heather honey
- Mixture of Easter treats to decorate on top.
- Using a bowl or a sandwich bag and a rolling pin, crush the biscuits for the base. Pour into a circular baking tin and press down.
- On a low heat on the hob, gently melt the honey for a few minutes for a runnier consistency to mix in.
- Put the soft cheese, double cream, sugar and honey together in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and spread until flat. Pop the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- With your favourite Easter treats, decorate the cheesecake and tuck in!
A classic Scottish buttery biscuit with a subtle richness from our Scottish heather honey. Made with a few simple ingredients and topped with a bit of Easter creativity… A melt in the mouth must try!
TOP TIP: If you want to add a bit of sophistication and an extra dose of the Scottish feel to your biscuit, sprinkle in dried lavender. We recommend using 2 teaspoons of dried lavender and mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- 90g unsalted butter
- 40g golden caster sugar
- 85g Scottish heather honey
- 110g plain white flour
- 60g corn flour
- Pinch of salt
- Icing to decorate (optional)
- Measure out all the ingredients and whizz in a good food processor until a soft ball of dough forms
- Using cling film or a small airtight container, wrap the dough and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes, or until the the dough is firm enough to roll
- Sprinkle flour on to a source and roll the dough. You’re looking for about 5-8mm thickness. Cut the dough into your desired shapes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 celsius degree fan.
- Transfer the biscuits to a lined baking tray and pop back into the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the biscuit are pale golden.
- Once ready, resist tucking in and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dollop a wee bit of creative into your afternoon and decorate the biscuit with colourful icing with your Easter designs!