A cocktail with vodka that is pea infused and sweetened with honey, designed by a head bartender at The Clove Club!You may have seen our cocktail ‘The Melrose’ last year created by a head bartender at The Clove Club in London. Clove Club is a Michelin star restaurant producing outstanding food using top-notch seasonal British ingredients so we’re thrilled to share another cocktail recipe rustled up by the lovely Hamish.
Introducing… I EAT MY PEAS WITH HONEY! This cocktail requires a bit of preparation but we assure you, it will be worth it.
- Bottle of good quality vodka
- 500g garden peas or a bag of frozen peas
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 50ml pea infused vodka (or seedlip garden)
- 15ml of honey cordial
- 1 tablespoon of blossom honey
- 5 grams of citric acid
- 5ml sherry aged whiskey
Pea Infused Vodka
- Mix the vodka, garden peas and sprigs of mint for 6 hours
- Remove the mint
- Steep for another 4 hours
- Fine strain to remove the peas
It’s like creating a honey syrup but with citric acid in the mix!
Honey syrup is used in cocktails similarly to a simple syrup, adding complexity as well as a natural sweetness. The type of honey used for honey syrup really varies depending on the type of cocktail you’re making.
For this recipe, we recommend using our blossom honey.
- Add the honey, citric acid and water into a small saucepan over a medium heat
- Stir until the honey is dissolved
- Allow to cool
- Combine in a cocktail tin with ice
- Stir down for 30 seconds
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass
- Spritz and discard a twist of lemon on the surface of the drink