Delight in Foraging Goat's Mincemeat Pies recipe - vegan perfection. Crafted with their Figgy Mincemeat or your own blend, this quick and easy recipe ensures flavourful results. Immerse yourself in a Winter symphony of sweet dried fruits and aromatic spices. These festive, irresistibly tasty pies embody the spirit of the season.
How to enjoy: Savour warm mincemeat pies, dusted with powdered sugar and paired with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a festive treat. Enhance the experience with traditional accompaniments like brandy butter or warm custard, creating a delightful blend of warmth and rich, spiced flavours.
The Foraging Goat’s Figgy Mincemeat or your own homemade mincemeat
Vegan Filo Pastry
Vegan Nut Butter or Oat Milk
- Warm your oven to 180ºC.
- Place a single sheet of filo pastry over the hole of a cupcake tray and scoop a spoonful of Figgy Mincemeat onto the filo pastry. Lining it up with the hole of the cupcake tray, press the mixture down to allow the filo to start to rise around the mincemeat.
- Gently fold the excess filo over the mincemeat and glaze with either a vegan nut butter or oat milk, depending on your preference and finish with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Repeat these steps for as many mince pies you require.
- Place the cupcake tray in the oven and cook for 6 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully flip the mince pies over, return to the oven to cook upside down for a further 4 minutes until the bases have also coloured lightly.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place the mince pies on a cooling rack.
- Your mince pies are ready to be eaten, for the perfect Winter treat enjoy them while they're warm!
- Handy Hint: The best thing about this recipe is they come out looking rustic, no one will ever know how simple it was to create!
Want to find out more about Foraging Goat and their delicious seasonal products? Head over to the podcast episode.