With the exciting release of our new salad dressings, we thought it would be appropriate to share some healthy and easy salad recipes for you to try them out on!
The new Salad Dressings are made from our own Scottish Blossom Honey, cold pressed rapeseed oil, organic apple cider vinegar and fresh Scottish fruits. They are sure to transform any dull salad into a vibrant and delicious meal!
Salads are a great addition to your summer diet as they are light, fresh and healthy. Use our Salad Dressings to add a burst of colour and flavour to your salad dishes.
These salad recipes are fantastic for lunch, dinner, meal prep or as a side for summer BBQs. All of the recipes are set for 6 servings so just divide by the amount of servings you need for dinner, the amount of days you want to meal prep for, or for how many guests are joining your BBQ.
So without further ado, enjoy these delightful salad recipes for summer!
Cucumber, Pomegranate and Quinoa Salad with Mustard & Honey Dressing
You can’t go wrong with a quinoa based salad with its superfood properties. Its high levels of fibre and essential amino acids makes it a perfect boost for a lunch or side at dinner.
Our cucumber & pomegranate salad is simple, mild and keeps well in the fridge. Toss it with our mustard and honey salad dressing for a kick.
Prep time: 30 mins
Quinoa, 200 grams
Red onion, ½ minced
Cucumber, ½ diced
Pomegranate seeds, 100 grams
Mint leaves, 30 grams finely chopped
Feta cheese (optional)
Scottish Bee Company’s Mustard and Honey Dressing
- Begin by cooking the quinoa (as per package direction). Once cooked, allow to cool until room temperature. If you’re in a rush, pop it into the fridge to speed up cooling.
- Chop the red onion, cucumber and mix into the quinoa with the pomegranate seeds and mint.
- Pour the Mustard and Honey Dressing over the top and toss until combined. Sprinkle it with feta cheese before serving and enjoy!
Halloumi Couscous Salad with Lemon & Honey Dressing
A work from home classic. Packed full of goodness with a dressing that will zest up the dish and do the rest for you.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Halloumi, 3 blocks (half per person)
Sun dried tomatoes, 100g
Tomato couscous, 330g
Parsley, handful per serving
Pumpkin seeds, handful per serving
Scottish Bee Company’s Lemon and Honey Dressing
- Cook the couscous (as per package instructions). Once cooked, place on a plate for the base of the salad.
- Cut the cucumber into 1cm cubes and roughly chop the sun dried tomatoes. Mix into the couscous.
- Slice the halloumi into 1cm thick slices.
- Preheat a pan on the hob at a medium heat. If using a non-stick pan, you can place the halloumi straight on but if not, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the halloumi slices and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip the slices and repeat on the other side.
- Roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle on top of the couscous with the seeds and whole olives.
- Drizzle the Lemon and Honey Dressing all over the plate then place the halloumi on top.
Quinoa, Lentil & Poached Salmon Salad with Raspberry & Honey Dressing
A salad filled with greens, nuts and supergrains brought together with a vibrant and sweet raspberry and honey dressing.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Olive oil, 1 tsp
Vegetable stock, 400ml
Asparagus, 250g trimmed
Frozen soya beans, 100g
Broccoli florets, 140g trimmed and halved
Lemon, 1 juiced and zest
Salmon fillets, 2 x about 150g each
Garlic clove, ½ crushed
Puy lentils, 250g ready cooked packet
Spring onions, 6 sliced diagonally
Mint and parsley, large handful roughly chopped
Baby spinach leaves, 85g
Flaked almond, 25g toasted
Scottish Bee Company’s Raspberry and Honey Dressing
- Cook the quinoa, as per instructions on the packet. Once cooked, tip into a bowl and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Drop in the soya beans, chopped asparagus and broccoli, and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the water using a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain the veg.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the pan with the vegetable water, then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
- Season the salmon fillets and submerge in the water. Poach for 6-8 mins until just cooked. Remove, allow to cool, then take off the skin and flake into large chunks.
- Mix the quinoa, lentils, drained veg, spring onions, herbs and spinach and salad dressing together in a large bowl, then season.
- Plate up the quinoa mix, top with the salmon flakes then scatter over the almonds and remaining zest.
Shop our entire Salad Dressing range here. Or why not treat yourself and buy all three! Let us know your favourite!