If you're hosting or attending a party it’s always good to bring some new ideas to the table. Wow your guests by straying away from the classic dinner party treats and instead, rustling up some fresh honey recipes.
For summer desserts,recipes with honey are a fantastic way to sweeten up food for a summer party. Here are our top three - easy to make, delicious to taste and slightly unusual. No-one will accuse you of buying these from Sainsburys at this party! Tag us on Instagram at @scottishbeecompany with your garden party set up and honey filled treats.
Our twist on a classic for your summer baking…
Pure honey and peanut butter truffles
- Crush the oats until they become a fine powder (or for ease pop them in a blender).
- In a separate bowl, mix in the honey, peanut butter and vanilla. Once mixed add in the oats. The mixture should start to harden, so then roll into small balls about 1-2cm thick.
- Roll these balls in the coconut.
- Pop them in the fridge for 1 hour. Take out and tada! Delicious bitesize peanut butter balls.
A show-stopping recipe idea for a hot summers day…
Pure honey and strawberry sorbet
You can change the strawberry for another fruit should you wish, but this is our favourite!
- Pour sugar and 180ml water in a pan and simmer over a low heat. When the sugar has dissolved, lift the temperature until a syrup emerges from the liquid. Put to the side and allow to cool.
- Next mash up strawberries, blossom honey and lime juice (or combine in a blender). Don’t stop until smooth.
- Using a sieve, strain the fruit to remove any pulp or seeds. Mix this with the syrupy mixture.
- Once fully combined, pop in the freezer for an hour.
- After this, take it out and stir through to break up any hard crystals. Keep doing this once every hour for four hours.
We use blossom honey in this version to keep the desert sweet, but feel free to switch for another type if you like.
Lastly, minimal prep and maximum satisfaction with this quick and easy summer dessert recipe…
Pure honey coated grapes
- Take each grape and dip it in honey halfway, letting any extra drip away.
- Dip this grape into crumbled pistachio and pop on a baking tray.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 2.5 hours.
- Take out and serve. A delicious healthy treat, easy as that!
Which recipe will you try? We look forward to seeing the results!
Comments will be approved before showing up.