A baked salmon with honey mustard sauce complimented with a mix of vegetables and bursts of flavour.
A lovely, light meal with a hint of sweetness by using the marinade for salmon with our blossom honey. An easy recipe as you’re baking the salmon in the oven, making it a great choice for dinner parties or even a midweek dinner. Try our blossom honey and give it a go yourself!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 450g baby potatoes, halved
- 400g sugar snap peas
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 1 ½ tsp Scottish Blossom honey
- 3 tbsp & 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- olive oil
Why not finish off this healthy salmon dinner in the garden and bask in the sun with a mouth-watering cocktail and some ice cream? Try our Flower Garden Formula
Preheat the oven to 220°c.
- In a large baking tray, mix together the potatoes, shallots and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Always ensure the ingredients are spread out and potatoes are facing cut side down.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, combine the ingredients for the salmon. In one bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons of mustard, 1 teaspoon of honey and salt. In another bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Spread the mustard mixture over the top of salmon fillets and follow with the panko mixture, ensuring breadcrumbs are pressed lightly into fillets so they don’t fall off!
- Remove potatoes from the oven, they should be slightly tender at this point. Push potatoes to edges of the baking tray, making room for salmon fillets to be placed in the middle of the tray. Pour sugar snap peas evenly around salmon. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes, until panko crust is golden brown, salmon is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- While the salmon continues to cook, whisk together red wine vinegar, garlic, paprika, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons mustard, ½ teaspoon honey and salt in a bowl.
- Serve up salmon fillets and vegetables evenly between 4 plates. Drizzle dressing over each meal.
and Grilled Peach and Burnt Honey ice cream.
Comments will be approved before showing up.