There are so many different ways you can use honey to makehealthy snacks for toddlers and children. Whether as a treat or aneasy healthy snackto satisfy their hunger before lunch time - we have you covered with fourhealthy snacks to make.
Healthy Snacks Homemade
Banana, cinnamon and honey treats
Ahealthy snack, quick to prepare and a guaranteed winner.
- Simply peel and chop up a banana
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Drizzle with some blossom honey to give a nice sweet - yet healthy - treat.
Orange honey fruit snacks
Homemade snacks like our orange jelly honey sweets are healthier than shop bought sweets as less additives and ingredients are in the mix.
- 175ml fresh orange juice, no bits
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp heather honey
- Pour out 100ml of OJ into a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of gelatin.
- Take another 75ml of OJ and warm in the microwave.
- Once the gelatine OJ has set/ dissolved (this may take some time), pour the warm OJ over the top, and add in two tbsp of heather honey. Mix until fully combined.
- Place either in a mould or spread out on a tray.
- Pop in the fridge for an hour.
- Chop up into smaller slices and there you have it. Orange jelly honey sweets.
Rainbow fruit skewers
A fun,no-bake recipe to make with kids for dessert.
- Handful of raspberries
- x1 apple
- x1 orange
- x1 kiwis
- Handful of blueberries
- 150ml greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp heather honey
- ½ lemon
- Take some skewers and chop up your child’s favourite fruits - the more colourful the better. We recommend raspberries, apples, melon, mango, oranges, kiwis and blueberries.
- Pop them all on the skewer leaving room at the end to hold. Take a bowl and pour in 150ml of yogurt. Mix in some heather honey and some lemon juice.
- Serve to your little one and demonstrate how to dip the fruit in one by one. Move the fruit up the skewer so it can be dipped as you eat.
One of the oldest party foods around. Aclassic baking recipe for kids!
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees, and prepare a tray with small paper casings for the cakes.
- Mix together 180g butter and 2 tbsp blossom honey.
- Melt and stir on a low heat until it starts to bubble - then remove from the heat.
- Toss Corn Flakes into a bowl and pour the mixture over. Mix well without breaking the cornflakes.
- Spoon into the casings and pop in the over for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them.
- Allow to cool and add any toppers you would like!
We recommend trying both heather and blossom - blossom for a sweeter taste, heatherfor something a little more sophisticated or signature blend for a bit of both. Show off your sweet treats by tagging us on @scottishbeecompany over on Instagram!
Comments will be approved before showing up.